FOLKLORE MUSEUM LEON MAES
Rue des Brasseurs 3
- MAPS: Google Maps
Reconstruction of the daily regional life in Mouscron between 1800 and 1950: tavern, clog-making, classroom, pharmacy...
Rich thematic collections: traditional games, tobacco & smuggle, transports, religious art...
Closed on public holidays.
Guided tours on request the whole year through (min. 10 people).
Educational activities, competitions, intergenerational visits.
Documentation centre on history, folklore and heritage.
Combination with the 'visit to Mouscron' - information: House of Tourism: 056/86 03 70.
Tape guides available : multiple explanations will take you along across or ten reconstructions and our rich theme collections.
The museum's garden opens on occasions.
Tourist information on the town MOUSCRON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche