PARK OF CHAMPEAU
Avenue Jean I
- MAPS: Google Maps
The park was begun in 1894, with encouragement from Leopold II, on the Champeau headland, on the site of the glacis of the Citadel fortifications which had been handed over to the City of Namur in 1892. With fine views over the town and the Meuse, the 100 hectare park conceals an arboretum with over 125 varied species, such as the austria carpinifolia, pinus ponderosa, styrax japonica, betula maximowiziana... There are also a number of recreational facilities such as the sports stadium, amusement park, and an open air theatre, the place for various cultural events. Nearby, you can also discover a garden full of perfumes and a medieval garden.
Access : E411 motorway (Brussels - Namur), exit 14 (Bouge) and then follow signs towards Namur and the Citadel.
Open all year round.
Guided tours of Parks and Gardens in Namur.
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- Castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- Récréalle Leisure and Recreation Centre in the Belgian Ardennes
- Jardins d'O de Nismes, eco trip aboard an electric boat