Rue de Beaumont 62
1390 NETHEN (GREZ-DOICEAU)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Around a Brabant farmhouse, Mrs Ermans-Lapré designed her garden (55 a) in three stages, starting in 1960. On the slope next to the house she arranged an ornamental garden with a huge rockery extending into a natural and woodland floor garden at the bottom, with increasingly extensive collections. The garden is planned as a walking place emphasising the discovery of plants. A few ornaments add a note of charm: two stone sculptures dating from 1900 and a terrace added in 1990. The garden looks like it simply emerged spontaneously in the valley, with mixed borders, rockery, woodland floor planting, plants growing freely, a large number of poppies and systematic collections of geraniums, primulas and saxifrages.
All year round, by advance reservation.
Access: E411 motorway (Brussels - Namur), Grez-Doiceau exit - E40 (Brussels - Liege), Haasrode exit. Follow signposts to Hamme-Mille then Néthen. Last turning on the left on the road to Sint-Joris-Weert, 1,5 km after Néthen church.
Guided tours : For individual or groups (maximum 30 persons) - In French - Reservation by telephone required - Duration: about 1 hr.
- tel. : +32 (0) 10 86 07 05
Tourist information on the town GREZ-DOICEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour