Escavèche La Madeleine - Escavir
Rue Jean Chot 35
5670 OLLOY-SUR-VIROIN (VIROINVAL)
- MAPS: Google Maps
When visiting Viroinval, in the south of Namur, stop off at La Madeleine and try a real Walloon product: escavèche.
La Madeleine lets you
- Discover escavèche
- Visit its premises
- Taste its traditional recipe
Escavèche is a fish dish typical of Southern Hainaut and Namur, especially the regions of Chimay and Virelles.
At the heart of Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse, Philippe Dumoulin welcomes you and shows you the history of escavèche and its arrival in our country. Next, he will show you how it's made and show around his workshop. Not forgetting a tasting!
La Madeleine continues and markets an old traditional recipe.
The family recipe involves frying the fish in butter and preserving it in stoneware pots in a creamy sauce made from white wine, natural vinegar, onions, lemon, flour and spices.
Escavèche La Madeleine, a true local gastronomic discovery.
Tourist information on the town VIROINVAL
Visit our partners' webpages
- THE FARMHOUSE-CHATEAU OF COURRIERE
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
- Domain of the Caves of Han - PrehistoHan