6983 ORTHO (LA ROCHE-EN-ARDENNE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Situated in the village of Herlinval, the "Cheslin" is an entrenched camp from the Gallo-Roman era (3rd and 4th centuries), which served as a refuge to inhabitants during wars and invasions. Archaeological digs have revealed water reservoirs, the surrounding walls and towers and the site where an old millstone used to stand. You can also still see a multitude of little holes dug into the rocky floor that anchored the masts that supported wooden huts.
Site accessible via the n°3 promenade offered by the Tourist Office.
Information: Tourist Office, Rue du Centre 11, 6983 Ortho - tel/fax: 084/43 31 78.
Guided tours by appointment, please contact Mrs. Christiane Aerbeydt, Warempage 13, 6983 Ortho - tel: 084/43 33 45 - occasionally visits for individuals.
- tel. : +32 (0) 84 43 31 78
- fax : +32 (0) 84 43 31 78
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town LA ROCHE-EN-ARDENNE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Feudal Castle of La Roche-en-Ardenne
- Durbuy Adventure - Kayaking on the River Ourthe
- Aisne Tourist Tram
- Forest Fun Park Chlorophylle
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights