E. SIMON MUNICIPAL PARK
Espace Eugène Sarot -
Square Albert Ier
- MAPS: Google Maps
During Edouard Simon's time as mayor of Péruwelz, the centre was reshaped. After concealing the Verne and pulling down a part of the old castle, a new landscaped park was laid out with a wash-house at its entrance. Later an art nouveau style entrance gate (no longer in existence) and a bandstand were installed, designed by Horta's pupil the architect Pavot, who was also responsible for a number of buildings in the town.
Open all year round.
Access : From E19 motorway (Brussels-Mons) follow signs towards Tournai; exit 29 (Péruwelz).
Admission : Free.
- tel. : +32 (0) 69 77 97 62
- fax : +32 (0) 69 77 63 13
Tourist information on the town PERUWELZ
Visit our partners' webpages
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium