Military Cemeteries and Sponsoring a Grave in Ploegsteert
7782 PLOEGSTEERT (COMINES-WARNETON)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Military cemeteries where close to 6000 fallen British soldiers who lost their lives during the Great War lie.
Close to the First World War Interpretation Centre, there are 20 cemeteries, immaculately maintained by the Imperial War graves Commission.
The graves of the Commonwealth soldiers who lie there are distinguishable by their rectangular tomb stones, with a slightly rounded tops and sombre beauty.
Numerous 'pilgrims' from all over the world come each year to reflect and leave a message in the registers at the entrance of each cemetery.
Plugstreet Memory - sponsoring a grave
Individuals as well as primary and secondary school classes are invited to sponsor graves in the town which witnessed so much of the ferocious fighting.
You can find more information at the Comines-Warneton Tourist Office on Chemin du Moulin Soete 221, 7780 Comines.
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region