Military Cemeteries and Sponsoring a Grave in Ploegsteert
7782 PLOEGSTEERT (COMINES-WARNETON)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Military cemeteries where close to 6000 fallen British soldiers who lost their lives during the Great War lie.
Close to the Ploegsteert memorial and the new First World War Interpretation Centre, there are 20 cemeteries, immaculately maintained by the Imperial War graves Commission.
The graves of the Commonwealth soldiers who lie there are distinguishable by their rectangular tomb stones, with a slightly rounded tops and sombre beauty.
Numerous 'pilgrims' from all over the world come each year to reflect and leave a message in the registers at the entrance of each cemetery.
Plugstreet Memory - sponsoring a grave
Individuals as well as primary and secondary school classes are invited to sponsor graves in the town which witnessed so much of the ferocious fighting.
You can find more information at the Comines-Warneton Tourist Office on Chemin du Moulin Soete 221, 7780 Comines.
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus