Château de Rèves
6210 REVES (LES BONS VILLERS)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The first definite references to the Seigniory of Rèves appear in the course of the 11th century.
Indeed, in 1099, Hillin, son of Liebert, is mentioned as Lord of Rèves. In 1448, the seigniory passed to the Rubempré family and in 1651 to Henri-Charles de Dongelberg. The château was rebuilt or restored and enlarged around 1653.
In around 1870, it was owned by Charles Mendez. Numerous works were carried out under his ownership. He had the former castle demolished, enlarged the main building that the Montmorency family had erected and built another on to it, doubling its size, with an identical façade.
The castle is made from brick and limestone. It has an L-shaped layout and is two storeys high.
Tourist information on the town LES BONS VILLERS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus