Doneu Ostrich Farm
Rue du Doneu 5
5580 ROCHEFORT (NAVAUGLE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Doneu Ostrich Farm presents the biggest bird of the world in the countryside around Rochefort.
Ostrich, a new product in Wallonia.
Lydia Terwagne and Jacques Bruyaux have set up their own farm and like to share their passion with others.
- the only fully autonomous Ostrich farm in Belgium
- visit the facilities
The Doneu ostrich farm is the only one in Belgium to do everything on the grounds, from reproduction to the final product, including incubation, birth and slaughter.
Guided visits from Easter to 15 November.
You can meet the owners at 11.30 am, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm and 5 pm for a complete tour of the facilities: from breeding, reproduction methods and feeding. You can watch the baby ostriches if you time your visit.
The abattoir and workshops are not open to the public for reasons of hygiene.
The visit ends with a pancake made with an ostrich egg.
Visits are possible in the low season for groups of at least 15 people.
Free entry during the Open Farms event, the last weekend in June and the first weekend in October during the Open Day.
Snacks are available on the premises.
Spend a day outdoors at the Doneu Ostrich Farm. Get to know the biggest birds of the world, ostriches!
Tourist information on the town ROCHEFORT
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- Spitfire Museum - Colonel R. Lallemant D.F.C. in Florennes
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
- Walks in the Pays de Namur, guided tours of Namur and its surroundings
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts