RUINS OF THE CASTLE OF THE COUNTS
- MAPS: Google Maps
The impressive esplanade where the ruins of the castle still stand, dominating the tourist city of Rochefort, evokes the memory of a more than savage German principality. This 11th century fortress housed some famous families, such as the Montaigu and the la Marck. Nowadays, this feudal territory is open to tourism. Visitors who follow the marked route through the remains of the castle will discover traces of digs, an archaeological museum and evidence of medieval and modern times.
The castle is temporarily closed for works. However, it remains accessible for groups on request (15 persons) by reservation on +32 (0)496/61 71 45.
Difficult access for disabled persons.
Access: E411, exit 22 (Rochefort).
- tel. : +32 (0) 84 21 44 09
- fax : +32 (0) 84 21 44 09
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town ROCHEFORT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Lorette Cave in Rochefort
- Domain of the Caves of Han - PrehistoHan
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts
- The Trois Vallées Steam Train Museum in Treignes
- Spitfire Museum - Colonel R. Lallemant D.F.C. in Florennes