Archaeological Centre - Scladina Cave
Rue Fond des Vaux 339 D
5300 SCLAYN (ANDENNE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Enter this extraordinary grotto, which is a real time machine, and discover numerous prehistoric animals. Amongst the bears, lions, hyenas and rhinoceroses, you will get to know a child, a young Neanderthal boy with an unusual destiny... Meet our archaeologists and discover what goes on behind the scenes of the excavation team's work, where passion and patience go hand in hand with natural sciences, with the aim of highlighting the behaviour of past men.
Annual closure during the Christmas holidays. Only the museum is accessible on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm. A combined visit of the museum and the grotto is possible on the 3rd Sunday of each month: one guided tour at 2 pm. Groups by reservation. Special school and summer programmes available: feel free to visit our website or to contact us at +32 (0)81/58 29 58.
Children younger than 6: free of charge.
Tourist information on the town ANDENNE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Trois Vallées Steam Train Museum in Treignes
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- Walks in the Pays de Namur, guided tours of Namur and its surroundings
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- The Citadel of Namur: new visitors centre Terra Nova