BREWERY OF SILLY
Brasserie de Silly
Rue Ville Basse 2
- MAPS: Google Maps
Silly, a village - situated in the Ath, Enghien, Soignies triangle - owes its name to the Sylle River which runs through it. It still has a brewery which was founded in 1820 and used to be called "Cense de la Tour". This brewery is today run by its fifth generation. From 1947 onwards, the brewery became more important than the farm but was still only producing highly fermented beers (Grisette, Saison Silly, Scotch). It was much later, around 1950, that the Silly Pils, of low fermentation, was added to the production, followed by the Double Enghien, the Blanche Titje and the Divine. Nowadays also with a fruit beer, the Pink Killer with pink grapefruit, as well as the rum beer Crè Tonnerre and our beer of the Abbey of Forest.
These last years, activities abroad have developped increasingly.
The brewery has won many prizes at international competitions.
Opening hours: the year round, every day, on request.
Visits only possible for groups of 15 to 40 persons.
Tourist information on the town SILLY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region