Sosoye, one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia
5537 SOSOYE (ANHEE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
This charming village in the Condroz region stretches primarily along its main road. It is a part of the municipality of Anhée in the province of Namur.
On a small hillock, some buildings quickly grab your eye: the Nativity church dating back to the 18th century (a listed and magnificently restored building) and the 17th century presbytery and tithe barn, which are also listed.
A little word about the old village school: the last teacher immortalised, on the pediment, the last children playing in the playground.
The site is crossed by the old Tamines-Dinant railway line...but all you will hear now are the gentle rattle of draisines that enable visitors to admire the rare beauty of this valley.
The association "Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie"
Created in 1994 and inspired by the French equivalent, the association "Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie" awards its label to the most beautiful countryside sites of Wallonia.
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- THE FARMHOUSE-CHATEAU OF COURRIERE
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- Walks in the Pays de Namur, guided tours of Namur and its surroundings
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes