Bois de la Picherotte
Route des Fontaines
- MAPS: Google Maps
The arboretum dates back to 1898, when experimental and collection planting was started in the forest north of Spa at "Dans le Sart"; this site has since vanished. While the current arrangements date back to 1932, most of the plantations which can be seen today are more recent. Species typical of a particular region are grouped together. The Nature and Forest centre on the nearby Bérinzenne estate is also worth visiting.
Open all year round.
Access: from Spa town centre, follow the signs for "Musée de la forêt"; at Géronstère turn left and then right after about 800m.
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 29 90 80
Tourist information on the town SPA
Visit our partners' webpages
- Stavelot Abbey, tourism & culture space, non-profit organisation
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center - Battle of the Bulge Museum
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum