MUSEUM OF HISTORY AND OF DECORATIVE ARTS
Rue Saint-Martin 50
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Museum of History and Decorative Arts is located in a marvelous outbuilding of the Saint-Martin Abbey from the time of Louis XIV. There is also a remarkable collection on display of 18th and 19th century Tournai porcelain. At the museum you can also admire the wonderful work of the Tournai smiths and pewterware makers, as well as a major collection of coins made in Tournai from the 12th to 17th century for the kings of France and Spain.
Not only are they "decorative art", but these productions reflect the habits of a society and illustrate the economical and technological history of the region.
2009: 1 and 02/01, 21/03, 10/04, 01/05, 14/09, 1 and 2/11, 25 and 26/12. Closed at 4 pm on 24 and 31/12.
Ticket sale ends 30 minutes before closing time.
Every 1st Sunday of the month for each visitor.
Children younger than 6 years: admission free.
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure