Royal Museum of Weapons and Military History of Tournai
Rue Roc Saint-Nicaise 59-61
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Museum of Weapons and Military History in Tournai is situated in a fine large hotel of the late 18th century mentioned in the inventory of the architectural heritage of the Hainaut. Through around 10 themed rooms, visitors can discover collections of beautiful bladed weapons, firearms, different kind of historic objects and documents, scale models, uniforms relating to the First Empire, to the story of Belgium and to the World Wars. One room is dedicated to resistance and particularly to the resistant fighters of Tournai. The Navy room relates the story of the Belgian Navy and exhibits materials used by the naval forces. The museum also exhibits flags offered by the patriotic societies of Tournai and the surrounding region.
Please note that the cash desks close 30 minutes before the museums closes.
Free entrance every first Sunday of the month except during temporary exhibitions.
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region