TAMAT, contemporary centre for textile arts
Place Reine Astrid 9
- MAPS: Google Maps
Tournai historic weaving city presents TAMAT. Centre for Tapestry, Mural Arts and Fabric Arts from the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles.
- Fabric is an art, come and discover it
- Visit Tournai's new museum
- TAMAT, the textile museum looking to the future
Get to know the textile art of today and of the past
TAMAT is located in the centre of Tournai, in a former neoclassical style mansion house
Tournai historic weaving city is proud to accommodate some of the 15th- and 16th-century Tournai tapestries which made the city's name.
Come and see them by visiting TAMAT's permanent exhibition. A series of ancient tapestries which gave Tournai its reputation and some more contemporary works.
Former museum and centre for tapestry and fabric arts
Inaugurated in 1980, Tournai's tapestry museum needed a breath of fresh air. This has now been acheived and it invites you to see its new finds.
TAMAT, the museum helping artists of tomorrow
The TAMAT has a restoration-conservation workshop and a documentation and study centre which are both accessible to the public.
TAMAT loves new talent and, to help it bloom, it welcomes 8 grant holders each year to its research departments.
Many exhibitions are planned at TAMAT. Discover them in our calendar (in French).
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies