Château de Wolff de Moorsel
Rue des Alliés
7100 TRIVIERES (LA LOUVIERE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
This castle was erected by the de Wolff de Moorsel family at the beginning of the 19th century.
Baron de Wolff sold the property in 1912 to the mining company of Bois-du-Luc. They, in turn, sold it to the local authority of Trivières who turned it into the town hall in 1917.
Today, the outside of the building has been restored and it is occupied by the local library.
The original main building is five window bays long and its windows have toothed surrounds. Its two storeys are separated by a stone string course.
There is a tower at each of the four corners of the building's the main body. Those at the front are pentagonal while those at the rear are square. They were erected at a later period than the main building. Polygonal domes top the front towers and are themselves topped by a lantern.
Only the exterior of the castle can be visited.
For more information please contact: Syndicat d'Initiative of La Louvière, tel: +32 (0)64 26 15 00.
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 26 15 00
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town LA LOUVIERE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure