Général Jacques Museum, 1914-1918 Museum in Vielsalm
Rue Sergent Ratz
6690 VIELSALM (RENCHEUX)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Located just 5 minutes from the centre of Vielsalm is a museum dedicated to Baron Jacques of Dixmude, military hero in the Great War.
When the First World War broke out, he was close to retirement and was granted the post of commander of the 12th Regiment of the Line. He fought with great distinction in Sart-Tilman in Liège, in addition to in Antwerp before fighting to save Dixmude from falling into German hands. Despite injuring his foot and leg on the front in Yser, his bravery and leadership make him a hero in the Belgian army. In 1916, he was promoted to General and ended the war as commander of the 3rd division of the Belgian army.
Organising your visit
- tel. : +32 (0) 475 97 33 79
Tourist information on the town VIELSALM
Visit our partners' webpages
- Orval Abbey
- Durbuy Adventure - Kayaking on the River Ourthe
- Bastogne War Museum, Second World War Memorial Centre
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights in Houffalize
- Forest Fun Park Chlorophylle