Napoleon's Final Headquarters in Vieux-Genappe
Chaussée de Bruxelles 66
1472 VIEUX-GENAPPE (GENAPPE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Napoleon and his officers spent the night of 17 June 1815 at this 1757 farmhouse and made their plans for the battle of Waterloo there.
The province of Walloon Brabant runs this Napoleon Museum, the only one in Belgium. In 5 halls, personal souvenirs of the emperor are exhibited including weapons and objects related to the battle.
Open everyday except 1 January and 25 December.
From 1 April to 30 September, 9.30 am-6pm.
Guided tours and cafeteria with snack bar for groups only, by reservation, call +32 (0)2/384 24 24.
Duration of the visit: 45 minutes.
Seminar centre available.
Rooms for exhibitions, meetings and banquets.
Park and orchard for a Napoleonic bivouac.
Free for children under 6 years of age.
Tourist information on the town GENAPPE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Comic Strip Village in Brussels
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Pavilion of Human Passions
- Le Sortilège (the Spell), an Outdoor Adventure Game in Brussels