MEDICINAL HERB GARDEN
Abbaye Notre-Dame d'Orval
6823 VILLERS-DEVANT-ORVAL (FLORENVILLE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The point of departure for this collection was the acquisition, by Dr J.-L Hollenfeltz of Arlon, of part of the furniture from the old pharmacy at Orval. The museum was erected by the Committee for the resurrection of the Medico-Pharmaceutical Section of Orval Abbey. The foundation stone was laid on 16 May 1932 and the museum opened on 7 August 1935. Eighty four different plants are grown in the pharmaceutical garden.
Access : by road: from the N4: at Barrière de Champlon, take the road for St-Hubert, then the N89 to Libramont, the N40 to Neufchâteau and the N85 to Florenville. - From the E411 and E 25, exit 27 (Verlaine-Neufchâteau), then N85 to Florenville - Train: Florenville station (10 km).
Guided tours in July and August.
Tourist information on the town FLORENVILLE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Orval Abbey
- The Game Park of La Roche-en-Ardennes
- Bouillon Fortress, its exhibition and its Birds of Prey Show
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights