DOCUMENTATION CENTRE - MUSEUM OF HISTORY AND ARCHAEOLOGY
Hôtel de Ville
Place de l'Abbaye 3
7784 WARNETON (COMINES-WARNETON)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The small and large history of Comines-Warneton is very eventful.
A library with 100,000 volumes, newspaper collections, documents and archives from private persons or associations, aims at preserving the historical heritage of our region, making it known to the public and putting it at its disposal.
An archaeology museum gathers and presents the archaeological material that was excavated in our town and presents discoveries from the Prehistory, the Gallo-Roman times, from the Middle Ages until today.
The local history museum presents a cartographic and iconographic insight in the region.
The most remarkable documents are certainly the reproductions of gouaches from albums of Croy (1520-1612).
Closed on public holidays.
Open every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month (except for public holidays and prolonged weekends).
Possibility to become member of the SHCWR when buying the annual volume (€ 18,-).
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes