GARDEN CITIES "LE LOGIS" AND "FLOREAL"
Boulevard du Souverain
1170 Brussels (WATERMAEL-BOITSFORT)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In the years after the First World War, town planners in Belgium were faced by an urgent need to rebuild towns which had been destroyed. After consultation with English and Dutch experts, they decided to build social housing on the garden city model.
Begun around 1912 by the architects Van der Swaelmen and Eggericx, the huge housing development area at Woluwe provided inexpensive residential neighbourhoods, with attractive small two-storey houses interspersed with gardens. Exceptional care has been devoted to the public spaces, and the houses have been maintained according to strict rules. The district has a harmonious and welcoming feel, and the Japanese cherry trees lining its streets make a marvellous spectacle in April and May.
Access: Subway: Hermann-Debroux / Bus: 41
- website : http://www.brussels-gardens.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus