T'HOF TER MUSSCHEN NATURAL SITE
Boulevard de la Woluwe
Avenue Emmanuel Mounier
1200 Brussels (WOLUWE-SAINT-LAMBERT)
- MAPS: Google Maps
These meadows are the fruit of a slow evolution which turned it into a zone with a big ornithological and botanical interest. Guided tours are periodically organized to discover this protected domain and this landscape of willows and alders. At the end of the path, we discover the famous Windmill of Woluwe, also called "Moulin Brûlé" (burned mill), which dominates the meadows and the farm. Every first Sunday of each month, this mill, established in 1960, welcomes the strollers who are initiated into the secrets of the flour production. There is also another access to the Woluwe valley for more daring walkers who do not fear the difficulties of a small steep dirt track.
Access: Subway: Roodebeek, Vandervelde / Bus: 29, 42.
From the Parc du Slot to the meadows of the Hof ter Musshen, you have to follow a small path situated in front of the so-called "Kwak" and walk along the Woluwe, bordering the gardens of the surrounding properties. You end up on a beautiful cobbled sunken lane next to the academic campus, where ponies and horses are frisking.
Guided tour of the mill on request.
Medicinal Plants Garden (UCL).
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 761 27 65
- website : http://www.brussels-gardens.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels