Rue du Fort
4671 BARCHON (BLEGNY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
One of the twelve fortresses designed by general Brialmont around Liège. Together with Pontisse on the other bank of the Meuse, it occupied the northernmost position of Liège. The fortress of Barchon was the first to succumb following the assaults of the German army on 8 August 1914. In 1940 its resistance was more persistent. From 10 to 18 May, the fortress did not stop to bring numerous coups to the enemy who responded by continuous artillery and Stukas bombing.
Open from April to November: each 2nd Sunday of the month at 2 pm.
The visit kicks off with a slide show and ends with a visit of the museum.
Information: Roger Weeckmans, Rue Fossé Piron 47, 4672 Saint-Rémy - tel: 04/387 58 37 - Raymond Pierre, Rue de barchon 60, 4671 Housse - tel: 04/387 59 71.
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 387 43 64
- website : http://www.fortbarchon.be
Tourist information on the town BLEGNY
Visit our partners' webpages
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum