FORT OF BATTICE
4651 BATTICE (HERVE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The fort is one of the 4 forts built during the 30s and more precisely from 1934 until 1937. In May 1940 the fort was besieged 12 days by German heavy artillery and airplanes. In the little museum the damages can still be witnessed.
A visit to the organs, 30 metres under the ground, is definitely worth your while, in spite of the disappearance of the equipment taken away by scrap merchant in the 60s. Dynamical exposition of a tower with two 75 mm cannons. Frescos in the underground barrack buildings. Pillboxes for 60 mm cannons and fully restored machine guns.
All year round for groups by appointment.
Guided visit during the last Saturdays of each month, from March until November at 1.30 pm.
Groups of more than 30 persons: -10% on the rate.
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 44 65 08
- website : http://welcome.to/fort-battice
Tourist information on the town HERVE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Wild World Safari in Aywaille
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"
- The Mystery Discoveries of Comblain