Hôtel de Ville
- MAPS: Google Maps
The belfry is located in the town hall, which dates back to the 14th century. Burnt down by the French in 1554, it was soon restored in a renaissance way by architect Du Broeucq. In the 18th century, under the influence of J.-B. Dewelz, a neoclassical decoration was put on the façade. After an important restoration in 1901, the town hall regained its renaissance look. An onion-shaped dome covers the belfry, which houses the chimes with several 16th-century bells. The armorial bearings of Charles V and his sister Mary of Hungary embellish the building.
Recognized as " World Heritage of Humanity " by Unesco.
For all information please contact: Office du Tourisme de Binche (Caves Bettes), Rue des Promenades 2, 7130 Binche.
The interior of the Belfry is not accessible.
Included in the Guided Visit of Binche.
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Pairi Daiza animal park: take a trip around the world
- Bois-Du-Luc Ecomuseum
- The Pass - The Scientific Adventure Park
- Royal Museum of Mariemont