L'ETOILE (THE STAR) - N°8 OF THE GRAND'PLACE
- MAPS: Google Maps
The smallest house on the Grand'Place and one of the oldest. Mentioned as early as the 13th century it became the residence of Amman, the local chief justice. Destroyed by fire in 1695, it was rebuilt in stone only to be demolished again in 1852, ostensibly to allow the widening of the roads leading to the Grand'Place. Eventually the mayor, Charles Buls, had the house rebuilt in 1897. On the house's left side is a plaque commemorating Everard 't Serclaes, a famous son of Brussels. The three bas-reliefs recount two episodes in the history of Brussels in which Everard 't Serclaes was a central figure. Most notably, it was he who freed the city from the rule of the Count of Flanders.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
Visit our partners' webpages
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Aqualibi Water Park, a watersensational world!
- Chocolate and Cocoa Museum