LA CENTRALE ÉLECTRIQUE - EUROPEAN CENTRE FOR CONTEMPORARY ART
Place Sainte-Catherine 44
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Centrale électrique is located in the heart of Brussels, on the Place Sainte-Catherine, in one of the most lively districts in Brussels dedicated to fashion, design and contemporary creation, at a few minutes on foot from the Grand-Place. This remarkable semi industrial building which was built between 1901 and 1903 was the first electricity plant in the city. The Centrale électrique has no collection. It presents four exhibitions a year that gather Belgian and international artists: confirmed artists and young creators. An educational section will accompany the exhibition by means of conferences, colloquiums, film and video screenings.
Guided visits by reservation at +32 (0)2/279 64 44.
Workshops for youngsters, tel. +32 (0)2/279 64 44 35.
Trilingual book (French, Dutch, English).
Access: Metro: Saint Catherine/Bourse/De Brouckère - Train: Central station.
Free of charge until 15 years.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Aqualibi Water Park, water sensational world!
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Temple of Human Passions
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Culturespaces - The Lion Hamlet - Visitor Centre