LE ROY D'ESPAGNE OU LA MAISON DES BOULANGERS (BAKER'S HOUSE OR KING OF SPAIN) - N° 1 OF THE GRAND'PLACE
- MAPS: Google Maps
This house was completed in 1697 in a more classical style than its surrounding houses. Nevertheless, it still carries echoes of the Italian-Flemish style. The gilded bronze bust is of Saint Aubert, the patron saint of bakers. The round panels on the first floor are decorated with effigies of the emperors Marc-Aurele, Neva Dece and Trajan. On the second floor, the facade is decorated with a bust of Charles II, King of Spain, flanked by cannon stocks and two prisoners.
The Roy d'Espagne is also a brewery. More info on www.roydespagne.be
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
Visit our partners' webpages
- Museum of Letters and Manuscripts in Brussels
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC
- Museum of Natural Science
- BELvue MUSEUM
- Walibi Belgium Theme Park. With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!