Place du Jeu de Balle in the Marolles District
Place du Jeu de Balle
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Place du Jeu de Balle or Vossenplein is located in the heart of the Marolles, the Brussels working-class district par excellence.
The square was also known as the "Vieux Marché" (Old Market). The "Jeu de Balle" district was established in 1854, at the same time as that of the rue Blaes. It went by the name of "Renard" (fox) because it lay alongside the Rue du Renard, which already existed in the 15th century.
This authentic and friendly place is especially known for its flea market which is held every morning. You will meet antique lovers, people out for a stroll, occasional visitors...
Don't hesitate to take a break at an outdoor café and, in the summer, enjoy the live music with a delicious beer.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Château de La Hulpe on the Solvay estate
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Culturespaces - The Lion Hamlet - Visitor Centre
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Temple of Human Passions