The Grand-Place in Brussels
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Grand Place, listed under the UNESCO world heritage, is considered one of the most beautiful squares on earth.
Admire the eclectic mix of architectural styles that was typical of the culture and society of a northern European city at a time of great prosperity.
Writers such as Baudelaire, Victor Hugo and even Karl Marx fell under its spell. The Grand Place is outlined by magnificent guild houses most of them dating back to the end of the 17th century.
The Brussels City Hall, built at the beginning of the 14th century, dominates this beautiful architectural ensemble.
Great events such as the Ommegang and the Flower Carpet take place on the square, which contribute to its lasting charm.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 279 43 65
- The Ommegang, Brussels' oldest pageant
- Floralientime - Brussels City Hall in bloom
- The Brussels Flower Carpet on the Grand Place
- Brussels Marathon & Half Marathon
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- BOZAR - Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels