The Grand-Place in Brussels
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Grand Place, listed under the UNESCO world heritage, is considered one of the most beautiful squares on earth.
Admire the eclectic mix of architectural styles that was typical of the culture and society of a northern European city at a time of great prosperity.
Writers such as Baudelaire, Victor Hugo and even Karl Marx fell under its spell. The Grand Place is outlined by magnificent guild houses most of them dating back to the end of the 17th century.
The Brussels City Hall, built at the beginning of the 14th century, dominates this beautiful architectural ensemble.
Great events such as the Ommegang and the Flower Carpet take place on the square, which contribute to its lasting charm.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 279 43 65
Visit our partners' webpages
- Wellington Museum
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- The Atomium - a Monument and Symbol of Brussels Built for Expo 58
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour