Place Charles II
- MAPS: Google Maps
The belfry is part of the Charleroi City Hall that was designed by architect Joseph André in 1936. It is a perfect combination of classicism and art deco. The belfry is 70 metres high and can be accessed via 250 stairs. It was built in blue and white stone and bricks and it has small bronze tower. The last three levels are reserved for the chambers of the 47 clocks of the chimes. Every fifteen minutes it play some music pieces of Jacques Bertrand. This belfry is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
Closed on public holidays. 31/12: only open in the morning.
Guided visits for groups on request.
Recognized "World Heritage of Humanity" by Unesco.
Tourist information on the town CHARLEROI
Visit our partners' webpages
- MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE
- The Pass - The Scientific Adventure Park
- Pairi Daiza animal park: take a trip around the world
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- Royal Museum of Mariemont