Château de Louvignies
Rue de Villegas 1
7063 CHAUSSEE-NOTRE-DAME-LOUVIGNIES (SOIGNIES) (LOUVIGNIES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The castle of Louvignies, with its turrets and pinnacles, recalls the eclectic and Neo-Renaissance architecture of the late 19th century.
Its interior decoration, furniture and domestic objects have remained and form a complete specimen of the Belle Epoque.
The kitchen is a must-see. It was chosen by filmmaker Claude Berri for 'Germinal' and by François Ozon for his latest film.
Why not have a pleasant walk through the English-style park, designed by Louis Fuchs in 1870, with its ice room and vegetable garden?
Group visits (min. 25 people) are available on request from Easter to All Saints' Day.
Guided tours for individuals: July until October (inclusive).
Telephone: +32 (0)2 771 08 95.
By car: E19-E42 motorway (Brussels-Mons), exit 8 (Le Roeulx), then N55 towards Soignies and N57 towards Chaussée ND de Louvignies.
By train: Soignies station (bus to the chateau, 2 km).
Free admission for children under 12.
Tourist information on the town SOIGNIES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Claire-Fontaine Leisure Centre
- The Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation's Archive Centre
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium