The House of Mr Sax
Rue Sax 37
- MAPS: Google Maps
What would jazz be without the tone of the saxophone? A centre on the life and work of its inventor Adolphe Sax finally opened in Dinant, the birth city to this ingenious maker of instruments, who was also a solo player, acoustician, composer, conductor, pedagogue and editor.
The House of Mr Sax is not a museum in the real sense, rather an exciting way of discovering the world of an exceptional musician with multiple talents. Located in a building on the same spot where Adolphe Sax was born (his real name was Antoine-Joseph) on 6 November 1814, the centre takes us through the fabulous destiny of the saxophone in an original and fun setting.
- tel. : +32 (0) 82 21 39 39
- website : http://sax.dinant.be
Tourist information on the town DINANT
Visit our partners' webpages
- SAINT-GÉRARD DE BROGNE ABBEY
- Récréalle Leisure and Recreation Centre in the Belgian Ardennes
- The Citadel of Namur
- Freÿr sur Meuse Castle and its Gardens
- Spitfire Museum A.S.B.L. - Colonel R. Lallemant D.F.C. in Florennes