CASTLE OF ENGHIEN
- MAPS: Google Maps
In the early 13th century, the castle was established on the place of the current access to the park. When the estate passed to d'Arenberg, it was restored and embellished until the city's invasion by de "sans culottes" (revolutionaries). It was plundered and all its riches were stolen. When the d'Arenberg family got it back, it was in such a ruined state, that Duke Louis-Engelbert had it razed to the ground in 1806 and rebuilt one there. It caught fire on the day of its inauguration.
The current castle in Louis XVI style is located in a magnificent 182 ha estate, on the place of the former Orangery, on request of Baron Empain. In 1926 two wings were added. The plans were drawn by architect Alexandre Marcel.
Visits: park only.
Activities: Location for receptions - Walks - Nature.
For more information click HERE - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
Other telephone number: 02/395 83 60.
Tourist information on the town ENGHIEN
Visit our partners' webpages
- MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- FORTIFIED CASTLE OF ECAUSSINNES-LALAING
- Nature and Acrobatic Forest Park
- The Belœil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles