CASTLE OF SOLRE-SUR-SAMBRE
- MAPS: Google Maps
The castle of Solre-sur-Sambre was located near an enclave of the principality of Liège and at the confluent of the Thure and the Sambre and defended the border. It a beautiful example of the medieval military architecture in Hainaut. It is quadrilateral with round towers and a large donjon-entrance.
Visit to the castle not allowed for the public.
Permanent free visits to the outdoor site.
Click HERE for more info - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
Tourist information on the town ERQUELINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- International Carnival and Mask Museum
- Giant Boat Lift in Strepy-Thieu
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus