FORTIFIED CASTLE OF FALLAIS
Rue du Château 2
4260 FALLAIS (BRAIVES) (BRAIVES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Impressive lowland fortress constructed by the Beaufort (XIIIth century). Afterwards the domain belongs to the Wesemael, the Borsele, the Polheim, Maximilian of Austria, Baudouin illegitimate of Burgundy and his descendants... In 1468, last meeting, in Fallais, between the prince-bishop of Liège, Louis of Bourbon, Charles The Bold and king Louis XI before the Ransack of Liège. In 1678, Louis XIV bombards the northern and eastern wings. Restoration, in 1882, done by the architect Van Asche.
Visit to the exterior of the castle by appointment.
- tel. : +32 (0) 19 69 81 89
- website : http://www.tourismebm.be
Tourist information on the town BRAIVES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Closure of the Ramioul Prehistosite - Prehitomuseum opens in 2015
- The Mystery Discoveries of Comblain
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Franchimont Castle