ABBEY OF FLÔNE
4540 FLONE (AMAY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The abbey of Flône was founded at the end of the 11th century by three knight-monks, on a piece of land given to them by the bishop of Liège. It is at the mouth of the Flône stream in the Meuse. Originally it were regular canons who lived there, until the convent was changed into an abbey in 1139. Now the Ladies of the Christian Education live there. Only the abbey-church can be visited. It houses numerous treasures: roman baptismal fonts (12th century), stalls, but most of all the organ case and the organs (Major Walloon Heritage).
The church can be visited every day from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 5 pm. Please respect this place.
- tel. : +32 (0) 85 31 44 48
- fax : +32 (0) 85 31 49 58
Tourist information on the town AMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- The Abîme Cave
- Modave Castle
- Wild World Safari in Aywaille