Rue du Château
- MAPS: Google Maps
Château Bivort is an ancient feudal castle surrounded by water, dating from the 13th century, currently housing the local authority services.
The castle, destroyed by numerous fires and wars, was restored in 1869 by Mr Bivort and the architect Cador.
The rooms have retained their Louis XVI-style décor and the chapel still has its Louis XIV façade and mullioned windows which are still visible. The castle's façades date back to the Renaissance period.
The castle can only be visited during Heritage Days.
For more information, please contact the tourist service: Tel. +32 (0)71 54 81 58.
Tourist information on the town FONTAINE-L'EVEQUE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Claire-Fontaine Leisure Centre
- Ronquières Inclined Plane
- Saint Feuillien Abbey and Brewery
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION