DUDEN PARK, PARK OF FOREST AND LAINE SQUARE
1190 Brussels (FOREST)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Park of Forest has a little bit the form of a big ear, and its concave relief makes one think of a concha, listening to the hum of the city and the banks of the Senne river. It is adorned by lawns, which are elegantly bent towards the Place de Rochefort, and by clumps of various trees, placed in groups and composed of pinewoods, beech groves, etc. Its main place is the belvedere, planted with chestnuts and today called the "Grande-Butte", alongside the Avenue Reine Marie-Henriette. From the west to the north of the panorama, 10 church towers can been seen from the viewpoint, which was an observation post in 14-18. The exotic essences of the plantations could give the statute of a zoological garden or a more modern garden, a green place.
For more information click HERE - © Région de Bruxelles Capitale & LMRC asbl
Access: Bus: 48, 54 / Tram: 55, 90.
Surface area: 36 ha.
Garden of the Maison Pelgrims.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
- website : http://www.ecli.net/rbc
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey, one of Europe's most beautiful architectural sites
- Cauchie House
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels