Château du Bouly
Direction Centre Hospitalier Jolimont-Lobbes
7100 HAINE-SAINT-PAUL (LA LOUVIERE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Jolimont Hospital in Haine-Saint-Paul is a curious sight, to say the least.
Overlooking a car park, the former castle, surrounded by hospital buildings, displays an overabundance of decorative work in red-plastered brick.
The battlements, arrow slits and horseshoe windows leave the onlooker wondering whether this piece of architecture is Gothic or Moorish.
The castle formerly comprised a central building to which two wings were added in the late 19th or early 20th century with a view to setting up a private hospital. Part of it was demolished in the latter half of the 20th century and replaced with a modern wing.
As the castle is occupied by the hospital's administration, it is not accessible to visitors.
Tourist information on the town LA LOUVIERE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Ronquières Inclined Plane
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience, the First World War Interpretation Centre