CHURCH OF LA CAMBRE
Abbaye de la Cambre
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
This abbey was founded in 1201 by a noble woman of Brussels named Gisèle, and was entrusted to the nuns of the Cistercian order. The buildings which were badly damaged during the Wars of Religion were rebuilt in the 16th century, and enlarged in the 18th century. Only certain parts of the church still date from the 14th century and belong to that transitional period between the Gothic splendour and the flamboyant (Gardens).
Free entrance via the side entrance of the church.
Closed on Tuesday, public holidays and Sunday afternoon during the school holidays.
Access: Tram: 23, 90, 93, 94 / Bus: 71.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Walibi Belgium Theme Park. With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- The Atomium - a Monument and Symbol of Brussels Built for Expo 58