Toison d'Or Théâtre
Galeries de la Toison d'Or 396
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
"Seriously funny" is how this theatre is generally described. 15 years ago the TTO - as the regulars call it - set itself the goal of entertaining its audience with fun, creative and new performances.
This temple of laughter and fun lies in the centre of Brussels, in the entirely renovated galleries. It has accorded special preference to Belgian plays since its inception. The red thread of the agenda draws inspiration from all types of comedy: from standup to street performance, musicals, variety, and many more.
The TTO meets its goal admirably, treating grave issues with a light heart and frivolous subjects with deadpan humour. Among the most successful TTO past productions "Excit", "Fever" and "Cendrillon, a real macho" by Sébastien Ministru, "Geluck, if you can hear us" a show based on a script by Philippe Geluck, "The Lift" by Marc Moulin. The theatre often hosts guest such as Zidani, Bruno Coppens, Virginie Hocq, Jean-Luc Fonck or even Laurence Bibot.
Opening times: Wednesday (or Tuesday) to Saturday at 8.30 pm
Reservations by telephone:
+32 (0)2 510 05 10. Monday from 10 am to 4 pm. Tuesday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm. Saturday from 2 to 6 pm.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 510 05 10
- fax : +32 (0) 2 511 22 50
- website : http://www.ttotheatre.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Culturespaces - The Lion Hamlet - Visitor Centre