Château de la Closière
Rue de la Closière 36
7100 LA LOUVIERE
- MAPS: Google Maps
In 1857, the castle was built at the request of the porcelain manufacturer Victor Boch by Poelaert, the architect of Brussels' Palais de Justice.
Today nothing remains of the park that surrounded the castle. When Victor Boch died in 1920, his heirs sold the château to Alfred and Antoine Scaillée and Jacques Mannes.
In 1928, it became the property of Union des Centrales Electriques (Union of Electric Power Plants) in Hainault.
Finally, on 13 July 1959, the site became occupied by the National Agency for Employment and Vocational Training. Houses have been built been built on the grounds where the park used to be.
The rectangular Château de la Closière stands two storeys tall on a high blue stone base. The rest is French white stone.
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 23 52 43
- fax : +32 (0) 64 22 06 97
Tourist information on the town LA LOUVIERE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Strepy-Thieu boat lift
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Claire-Fontaine Leisure Centre
- Royal Museum of Mariemont