CHURCH OF NOTRE-DAME DE LAEKEN
1020 Brussels (BRUXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Built in the 19th century and dedicated to Louise-Marie, first Queen of the Belgians, it contains the Royal Crypt. The choir of the original 13th century church is in early Gothic style and is in the cemetery where numerous wellknown personalities are buried. They include, the playwright Michel de Gholderode, the architects Poelaert, Balat and Suys as well as the violonist Charles de Bériot and his wife, the famous opera singer, known as "La Malibran". Among the works of art decorating the tombs and chapels is the famous "Thinker" of Rodin.
Open on other dates (see website of the parish of Laeken).
Guided visits on request.
Free of charge.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Temple of Human Passions
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices