COLLEGIATE CHURCH OF SAINTE-CROIX
- MAPS: Google Maps
The collegiate church of Sainte-Croix is an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia. It was founded in 979 by bishop Notger who installed a chapter with fifteen canons. This number was increased to thirty in 1045 by bishop Wazon. Sainte-Croix was part of the seven collegiate churches in Liège. In 1797, the chapter was removed. The church resumed its service in 1802 as a parish church. This hall church comprises three naves of the same height, a Romanesque-Gothic western choir (late 12th c.), an eastern choir, a Gothic transept and nave (13th-14th c.). The treasure includes several major items: St Hubertus's Key, the Triptych of the True Cross, the Master of Flémalle's painting, Evrard's sculptures.
Access to the church is only available during masses, specific events (please check the calendar on the website below) and on guided tours (booking necessary, see details)
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"
- Wild World Safari in Aywaille
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality
- Closure of the Ramioul Prehistosite - Prehitomuseum opens in 2015
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum