Château de Loverval
6280 LOVERVAL (GERPINNES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In 1390, Engelbert de la Marck was the Lord of Loverval but it was taken over by Gérard de Marbais from the year 1440.
Loverval remained in the Marbais family until 1609. From 1670 until the end of the Ancien Régime, the Flaveau de Henry de la Raudière family were the owners.
At this time the château comprised only two perpendicular wings, but in 1787, Baroness Louise de Flaveau completed the building.
In 1845, the castle underwent numerous changes. It was raised and enlarged in brick. Faced with finishing plaster, its appearance is neoclassical.
Werner de Mérode built a Neo-Gothic chapel at the very end of the 19th century. Between 1900 and 1910, he commissioned entrance pavilions built from rubble stone.
In 1939, the property was sold to the Sisters of Charity of Ghent, who adapted it to their scholarly activities.
Tourist information on the town GERPINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Bois-Du-Luc Ecomuseum
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre