LA MAISON DU JAZZ EN HAINAUT (HOUSE OF JAZZ)
Boulevard Dolez 51
- MAPS: Google Maps
La Maison du Jazz in Hainaut, asbl, Centre Culturel: 10 000 rare discs and videos to listen to - unedited photos and documents on permanent display - a well endowed library and picture library - manuscripts of copies of famous recordings... for the benefit of all jazz friends and amateurs: collectors, students, journalists, musicians, etc.
- Permanent audiovisual exhibition. Thanks to the walkmans, you will be immersed in the musical atmosphere called to mind by documents until 1940.
- Travelling exhibition on the history of jazz (On request).
- Record collection composed of thousands of rare discs. You can listen to discs of the collection or to your own ancient discs.
- Well-stocked video library. You can view the videos at your own pace.
- Library consisting of books, reviews, magazines, catalogues, press clippings, scores, etc.
- Musical conferences, dedicated to a musician, a style, an instrument, Belgian jazz, etc.
- Bimonthly bulletin: annual subscription € 10,-.
- Other: competitions for amateurs, visits.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- Strepy-Thieu boat lift
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience, the First World War Interpretation Centre