Avenue de Stassart
- MAPS: Google Maps
The unusual form and the artificial rocks mark this 3 ha park that was named after Belgium's first queen. It came to being after a competition that was won by Constatin Schmits and was opened for the public in 1880. The two-levelled city park has an artificial grotto and a pond on the lower level and a kiosk on the upper level. It is also home to several unusual species. Renovation began in 1988 when the old Pont Hollandaise, a remnant of the last gate of Brussels, was cleared. There are recreational facilities, with a children's playground.
Open all year round, sunrise to sunset.
Access : E411 motorway (Brussels - Namur), exit 13 (Champion) - Follow Chaussée de Louvain in the direction of Namur city centre and turn right on reaching the town.
Guided tours of Parks and Gardens in Namur.
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- CAVE OF LORETTE - ROCHEFORT
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- 'La Merveilleuse" Grotto in Dinant
- The Caves of Han - PrehistoHan
- CHATEAU OF ANNEVOIE